Saturday, February 6, 2010

Ouch


This is the Funny Gas she got
before the Dermatologist came in.

Kylee had surgery on her foot two weeks ago.
The only thing is, she had this done with out being put under.
She is my hero when it comes to being brave.
We had a plantar wart cut out a year ago. It went so
fast and smooth. Well the plantar wart grew back to be
30 plus plantar warts all over this area of her foot.
So we went to go have them cut out like last time.

Well this time was horrible. Me and two nurses and two
more secretaries had to hold her down for 45 minutes.
I had no Idea it was going to be this bad or I would have
paid out of pocket to put her out. Insurance would not
pay to have her put out.
She screamed bloody murder most of the time.
Especially when she saw all the "Smoke"
coming off her foot. The gas only lasted a minute.
She was to strong and would not keep it on.
I am usually very strong with this kind of stuff.
But I did catch myself in tears once and had to stop
myself, so she would not be more scared.
But after it was all over with I got in the car
and cried the whole rest of the day. It is not
easy seeing your child go through so much trauma.
Even though you know it is for there own good.
She is so tough. It has only slowed her down a bit.
It is still a challenge to bath her and re-wrap it.
It is the only time it is hard for her.
If I was her, I would not even be walking on it.
She Is so tough and Brave!

3 comments:

Fowkes said...

Owww! That looks like it hurt so bad! What a tough girl and mom to be able to go through that! I agree that is one of the toughest things to do as a mom-watch your little ones being tortured but knowing that it is for their good!

Pam said...

Kylee is my HERO too - she is so brave and tough. I wish I could have gone thru the pain for her. She is such a little sweetheart and I love her so much.

Emily said...

Oh my heck! That girl is beautiful and brave! I have a planters wart right now that i know I am needing to go in and get dug out but... ummm ouch that looks like it hurts soo soo bad! Even when I try and dig at my wart it kills so I am just so proud of your little Kylee and proud of you as her mom to hold back those tears:) (do you know a good doc. i can go too?)